Thursday, June 24, 2010

St. Johns, Newfoundland

I recently traveled to St. Johns, Newfoundland for work. It was so nice to have a change of scenery! I loved being on an island surrounded by waters abundant with fresh fish and seafood. It was nice to see relief in topography, such a change from flat as a pancake Houston! St. Johns, I learned, is the most eastern city in North America. I got to see the most eastern tip of the island on a cold, cold day. It was in the low 50's with winds of 30mph and more. Brrrr! Enjoy my pictures taken with my cell phone! Hopefully when I head back there in two sleeps, I'll own a better camera to take.My boss and I drove up to the Lookout on the one sunny day we had there. St. Johns!
The most eastern point in North America
St Johns is hilly, so there are a lot of stairs downtown. I think these stairs are next to the courthouse.
The courthouse.

No comments: