Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm Going to Carolina In My Mind

I had a wonderful morning before heading to work today. Somehow I came down to the kitchen before 7:45, and had enough time to make myself an espresso and do my makeup. It was really quiet in the house while the stovetop espresso maker did it's thing. So I heard it heat up and start to boil. Then the sweet sounds of percolation. Then I poured my espresso into my lone espresso cup, got my sugar bowl, and dumped in two baby scoops of sugar. The espresso crackles when you drop the sugar in! Or makes a sound like static electricity. Either way I love it. Then I got to stir the sugar and drink my espresso and sit with a catalog while I sipped my espresso before taking Otis out. Nice morning. Don't you love the simple things in the morning that make the day start off right?

No comments: